Saturday, October 22, 2005

COMIC BOOK SHOP DAY!

Hit my local store, and brought the family.

I'm a little ashamed to say it, but I could feel my eyes light up when I saw that the new issue of Walking Dead arrived. Yay!

Grabbed that and some Invincible, Joy Buzzards, Y the Last Man, Fell, Jack Cross, and Ex Machina. Read Fell already.

Kate got an issue of Thunderbolts from the 25-cent bin. She was super-super pumped. She's sitting quietly on the floor right now, "reading" it intently. The kid has trouble with English, but she's already building the visual vocabulary necessary to read comics. It's coming to her very naturally.

Speaking of visual vocabulary for kids, this book is a great one. I grew up with it. It's a children's book, but it's a deceptively marketed comic book. And it's beautiful.

The Snowman

Someday I'll write a whole big column about why this book is the bee's knees.

I have warm fuzzies.

Got home, and took Kate for a walk for an hour or so, looked at turtles and ducks.

Now wifey and I are gonna watch Batman Begins.

I really, really like Saturdays.

1 comment:

Digital Joey said...

And what did you think of these "comics?" And more importantly, what did Kate think of Thunderbolts? She like Bagley better on Ultimate Spidey?