Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

I love the ominous sound of that title. Capitalize that sucker. "Black Friday." I half expect a plague to wipe out several million people, while the stock market crashes, and we discover that Hitler never died and is invading Europe all over again. That would make a Black Friday.

Instead we get the death of Mr. Miyagi, crashing Xbox 360s, and people fighting over 27" televisions.

Black Friday is so-named, of course, because many businesses announce their first profitable numbers of the year today. Doesn't that seem crazy to anyone? If there was no Christmas buying-frenzy season, these businesses would be in the red year-round. Man, am I glad I'm not involved in Retail.

So work is silent as a grave today. Everyone's still home. Except me. Makes for a very quiet office. I'll wipe out some tickets, clean up the joint, and find some projects to get into trouble with.

Happy Black Friday to you.

No comments: