Friday, December 02, 2005

It's a sad truth...

... but just thinking about Christmas-time makes me incredibly tired.

Especially if travel is involved. Or shopping. Or doing anything at all.

Everyday life is exhausting enough in my book.

Here's how the perfect Christmas season would go down in an ideal world:
Work would be cancelled for the entire month of December.
All telephones would cease to work for the same duration.
The sun would only come up when you told it to, to allow you as much sleep as you wished.
There would be a channel on TV playing "Tremors 2" all day, every day.
Your kitchen faucet would dispense egg nog if you were running low.
All transportation would take place during sleep. You would fall asleep thinking about who you'd need to visit, and wake up on their couch.
Any Christmas music that has been created within the last 20 years would cause instant nosebleeds and explosive vomiting, and thus banned.
All gift-giving would be entirely replaced by snuggling or interesting conversation, depending on the recipient.
Any time you felt you "needed" something gift-wise, you would be stricken by an excruciating migraine headache.

There. I'm feeling better about Christmas already. Let me know if I missed anything.

When I'm dictator of the world, this is how Christmas is going to go down. If you're not cool with that, you'd better do something to stop me right now.

3 comments:

Cryptobadger said...

I can't get over how pleased I am about this post.

I just reinvented Christmas into something tolerable. I'm so thrilled.

Digital Joey said...

Hmm... could my faucet run hot chocolate and some form of cider? Because if it can I may not oppose your attempt at world domination.

Cryptobadger said...

Both cider and hot chocolate would be acceptable alternatives in my New World Order.