Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Holy Schnikeys

Man, um... Looks like I'm going to E3. My good buddy Don evidently scored with the passage. I'm fairly certain that if I even think about not going, he's going to release a weaponized virus, 'cause, you know, that's his thing.

Honestly? I'm pumped. They've made a focused effort on making E3 a lot more respectable trade show, especially since last year was the last show with Booth Babes. That means fewer drooling fanboys revealing previously undiscovered emotions and urges in sweaty public areas... Bleah.

What do I want to see? Not interested in the ridiculously dubbed Wii. I've been blessedly ignorant of the Console Wars, I'm a PC gamer with a tiny bit of Gamecube Animal Crossing thrown in.

If the Introversion guys are there, I'll be bringing rose petals to strew at their feet.

If the Valve/Half Life 2 guys show up, I fear I may put my marriage in jeopardy.

I'm also fairly certain that we'll be cornering the Bioware guys and interrogating them ruthlessly about Neverwinter Nights 2 details.

I curious to see if Linden Labs will be there.

And if Gabe and Tycho are there, I may say a swear word, just out of politeness.

I'm a stammering fanboy about a select few things, but when I am truly enthused, it's like pulling the cord on a nitro-fueled chainsaw.

Now I need a good camera, an IV stand, and some earplugs.

Oh, and to break the bad news to the wife...

No comments: