Thursday, May 18, 2006

What Makes The Boys From Brazil work so well?


It's not Gregory Peck.
It's not Sir Laurence Olivier.
It ain't even James Mason.

It's Steve Guttenberg.

[SPOILERS]
Start the film with fifteen minutes of his hideous over-emoting. And then behold his brutal stabbing. Ignore the rest of the movie, forget all the Hitler-clonage, just watch those first fifteen minutes.

Best. Start. Ever.

Could only have been better if he had been eaten by Dobermans.

I don't know why this is in my head today, of all days. I rented it like a month ago for some research on a languishing comic script that I really need to get around to writing.

It's just a Guttenberg-stabbing kind of day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might think Steve is a lost cause, but I have hope.
Richard Dean Anderson didn't have much of a career after McGuyver, but then he cut back that mullet and has a successful career. Dreams can come true, even if you die in the first fifteen minutes.

troy